Ramp closures at Hwy 52 and Hwy 60 interchange south of Zumbrota to prepare for bridge replacement
ZUMBROTA, Minn. – The following closures will be in place at the Hwy 52 and Hwy 60 East interchange from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, May 4, according to the Minnesota Department of Transportation
- Hwy 52 southbound off-ramp to Hwy 60 East closed
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 South to Hwy 60 East will utilize a U-turn Lane at 480th St.
- Detour map
- Lane closures on Hwy 52 northbound from one-half mile north and south of Hwy 60 east interchange.
- Motorists should watch for advance warning signs of lane changes.
Beginning May 4 and last approximately 4 months
- Westbound Hwy 60 east on-ramp to Hwy 52 southbound closed.
- Motorists traveling westbound on Hwy 60 east to Hwy 52 south will detour Hwy 52 north to the Hwy 58 interchange, cross over the highway and return to Hwy 52 south.
- Detour map
Bridge construction at Hwy 52 and Hwy 60 interchange
Beginning Monday, May 9 (weather permitting), Hwy 52 will be reduced to a single lane in each direction beginning one-half mile north and south of Hwy 60 east interchange. This detour will remain for approximately four months as the Hwy 52 southbound bridge over Hwy 60 east is replaced.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 south to Hwy 60 east will utilize a U-turn Lane at 480th St.
- Motorists traveling west on Hwy 60 east to Hwy 52 south will travel Hwy 52 north to the Hwy 58 interchange, cross over the highway and return to Hwy 52 south.
There will also be a night-time closure on May 10 from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. for the removal of the Hwy 52 southbound bridge over Hwy 60 east. Removal of the bridge is dependent on weather and completion of prior scheduled work.
- Motorists traveling on Hwy 52 south to Hwy 60 east will utilize a U-turn lane at 480th St.
Oversize farm vehicles and equipment are not allowed on Hwy 52 beginning one mile north of County 1 Blvd. to 415th St. due to the head-to-head traffic configuration. Farm vehicles requiring access to land along Hwy 52 should seek an alternate route. If an alternate route is not available, please contact MnDOT.
Motorists may encounter lane closures or lane shifts, uneven road surfaces, equipment and other unexpected obstacles when driving near or through work zones. MnDOT advises motorists to:
- Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Go hands-free and minimize other distractions (e.g., don’t eat or drink while driving).
- Follow posted speed limits; the fine for speeding in a work zone is $300.
- Avoid making lane changes within work zones.
Stay connected, informed
- Learn about the project and sign up for email/text message updates at the MnDOT construction project website and check out MnDOT SE Minnesota construction projects at MnDOT’s website.
- Join the MnDOT Southeast Minnesota Facebook group for news, information and events in the region.
- Follow us on MnDOT Southeast on Twitter for updates, information and initiatives.
- Get Minnesota road updates at 511mn.org or download a free smartphone app at Google Play or App Store.